Saturday, August 1, 2009

Last Post Before Vacation!!!



So I'm going to be gone for two weeks on vacation. I'm bringing my sketch book along, so while (hopefully) I'll be getting a lot of doodling done, I won't be able to upload anything.  I'm going up with my boyfriend Brian to visit his family in Maryland and Ohio, and then some of my family in Virginia, hitting up Baltimore and D.C. while we're up there. It'll be good times!  I'm excited to take a good long break with no work to do (I finished up all of my stuff for work, which was why I haven't posted anything in a while).  It will be nice.

But anyway, I spent today doing this little number for a friend of mine from high school. She recently joined Facebook and didn't have a profile picture. She also HATES pictures of herself, so I know one wouldn't be coming anytime soon. In high school we always wrote stories (it's what we did for fun..I know we had no lives) and we came up with characters of ourselves that we wrote the stories about. So I offered to do a sketch of her character she could use for her profile pic. Her name is Akage, and her main character trait is 'pyro' hence the flames. I did this in Illustrator, but I played around with colored line work, which I really like. I don't do that too often but I think I'll start. 

So yeah. That's it for a while, but hopefully after I come back I'll have lots of stuff to post. See ya real soon!

No comments: