Sunday, July 26, 2009

They call him Sherman, Sherman, Sherman, quicker than lightning....


Yay! New character for you guys today. His name is Sherman, and he's a young harbor seal. Special bonus for today! Quick Photoshop rendering! Not the smoothest thing I've ever done but it's been forever since I've painted a character in non-flat color, so it was a good getting re-acquainted exercise. I think, total, I spent...oh...about 3 hours on this, probably less since I started doodling while I watching T.V. and it took a while for me to find him. Plus I was watching 'Next Food Network Star' so I kept getting wrapped up in the competition. Down to the final three! Nail biting time. Anyway, back on subject, Sherman actually started out as a lion cub but I went in a different direction. Obviously. :)  Hope you guys like!

2 comments:

Matt Swartz said...

Aww, he's so cute!! Glad to see you doing more Photoshop, not that I mind your Illustrator stuff. It's just in school you were all about the PS, and now it seems with work, things have changed. And all I can say, is if they don't pick Melissa, then Food Network is serioulsy messed-up :P

Maria said...

Illustrator is easier haha. And I only have so much of an attention span..I hate rendering things out. Even at school I'd get it to a certain point and then be like' It's fine. Can't... render.... anymore....'

Oh and I KNOW RIGHT?! Melissa all the way!!! I would watch her show anyday.